I was just over at DeeMarie's blog and she's got very nice post about being Thankful. The gist is - over the next 7 days (since that's when THANKSGIVING is) we should list 10 things/day that we're Thankful for. Given the state of the country right now, I think it's a nice idea to ponder all the things that we have in our lives.
So, with that said - here's my 10 for today:
1. I'm thankful for my parents - they irritate me on a daily basis sometimes - but nevertheless, I'm thankful for them and all they've given me.
2. I'm thankful that tomorrow is FRIDAY!
3. I'm thankful that I have dental insurance since I just paid about $300 to have a tooth filled today (well, because I've USED UP ALL MY INSURANCE for this year - but thankful I'm only out $300 instead of the $4K that's been done to my teeth thus far.) Good teeth are IMPORTANT and I intend to keep mind at whatever cost.
4. I'm thankful I have the best pooch in the world.
5. I'm thankful for my BFF - without her - I think I'd die!
6. I'm thankful for ALL of my friends - without you guys I'd be so sad.
7. I'm thankful for my blogger friends - maybe someday we'll meet, maybe not - but it's fun to hear about your world on a daily basis.
8. I'm thankful I have a job - and a good one at that. I may not like it all the time, but I have one and for that I am THANKFUL.
9. I'm thankful I own a house and because of said job, I can make my payments and not worry about foreclosure.
1o. I'm thankful for my family. The same holds true for them as with my parents - they may irritate me to no end some days - but I have great brothers and a sister and 9 nephews, one niece and even great niece's and nephew. I'm thankful for each and every one of them.
There you have it. If you'd like to join the thankful list - leave it here and I'll link you or you can pop on over to DeeMarie's page.