Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Below is a message that I wish I could take credit for it - but I am not the author. Therefore, I am sharing because it has a nice message (and, I honestly, just can't come up with another 10 thankful posts.)
So, since there are 7 on this list, here's my contribution to make it 10:
1. I am thankful that my VP sent me this email.
2. I am thankful the day is 1/2 over.
3. I am thankful I live in a safe enough neighborhood that my door COULD be left open and
NOBODY came in and took anything. (another way of looking at that is: I live in such a
horrible 'hood, no one would even THINK of coming in b/c I probably don't have anything
worth stealing. 'EH, either way works for me.)
4. Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire, If you did, what would
there be to look forward to?
5. Be thankful when you don't know something. For it gives you the opportunity to learn.
6. Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.
7. Be thankful for your limitations. Because they give you opportunities for improvement.
8. Be thankful for each new challenge. Because it will build your strength and character.
9. Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.
10. Be thankful when you're tired and weary. Because it means you've made a difference.
It is easy to be thankful for the good things. A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks. GRATITUDE can turn a negative into a positive. Find a way to be thankful for your troubles and they can become your blessings.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
1. I'm thankful that's it's day 6.
2. I'm thankful my girls from the OC are back on Bravo.
3. I'm thankful tomorrow is my last day of work (for the week!)
4. I'm thankful I'm finally home, it's been a long day.
5. I'm thankful my cold is mostly gone.
6. I'm thankful I get to wear jeans tomorrow at work - woo hoo! (it's day 6 people, I'm running out of things here!)
7. I'm thankful that my mom stopped over tonight to let the Daisy Dog out for me (but she left my door OPEN - not unlocked, OPEN! So that was a little scary!!)
8. I'm thankful NO INTRUDERS were in here because see this to find out what Daisy would have done.
9. I'm thankful for Fudgesicles (again) they are just so yummy!
10. I'm thankful for my comfy bed . . . here I come.
Anyhoodle – My sis-in-law gets to work before I even THINK about getting up in the morning so when she dropped off the pie plate I was all tucked in my bed with dreams of sugarplums dancing in my head. (Oh wait, wrong holiday.) But I WAS in bed dead to the world around me. And apparently, Daisy was too.
Now, this is the dog who will bark at the leaf that fell out of a tree 16 blocks away. Yet, when someone DRIVES IN MY DRIVEWAY (which my bedroom window looks out onto) and then they get out of the car and come into the back yard and leave something at the door, does she do ANYTHING? Um, that would be a big NOPE. Not even a low growl, not even a nudge to me as if to say ‘um, mom? Yeah, someone’s here, go check it out.” Nada. Zilch. Zip. Zero. NOTHING. Done. By. This Dog.
Now, at 7am, when I let her out for her morning potty, she did stand in the back yard and barked; AT NOTHING. So you see, that is why I must take Guard Dog off of her resume’. Hey, times are tough, and in this economy, if you’re not a performer, you gotta go.
I secretly think it’s her way at getting back at me – see I’ve officially had “dog walker” removed from my resume this week. I was doing so well with walking Miss Daisy dog (and I even got that Gentle Leader thingy to work on her!) but, then it got cold. REALLY. COLD. And then, I got sick. REALLY. SICK. And, then, well, I just didn’t feel like walking last night. So, maybe this is her way of letting me know that she will no longer perform her “doggie duties” until she is WALKED every night. Could there be a doggie union, such as the United Guard Dogs, that I’m unaware of? I better do my research and try some negotiating tonight before I have a nasty strike on my hands.
Monday, November 24, 2008
This is gonna be short and maybe sweet – given that I’m running out of things to be thankful for.
1. I’m thankful that I only have 2 more days of this post!
2. I’m thankful that it’s a 3 day work week for me.
3. I’m thankful that I’m feeling better.
4. I’m thankful that I had a free gift certificate for lunch at Macaroni Grille today – yum!!
5. I’m thankful that it’s almost time to go home.
6. I’m thankful that my tooth no longer hurts.
7. I’m thankful that I don’t have a headache today.
8. I’m thankful that I didn’t have to wait in line for my free Turkey at work today.
9. I’m thankful that I have this many things to be thankful for. (I told you I was running out of things to be thankful for.)
10. I’m thankful for my pooch – again – and even though Dave says she’s fat – she’s NOT and she’s the bomb-diggity!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
So . . .
1. I'm thankful for my Tempurpedic bed - it is the COZIEST bed ever!
2. I'm thankful for the person who invented sugar-free Fudgesicles - best 40 calorie treat ever.
3. I'm thankful that the REAL HOUSEWIVES of ATLANTA show is OVER and my girls from the OC will be back next week.
4. I'm thankful the wonderful Steenky Bee - her blog keeps me in stitches!!
5. I'm thankful that CLUELESS was on TV today - I love this movie - AS IF!!
6. I'm thankful I only have a 3 day week this week. Woo-hoo!
7. I'm thankful for Diet Coke with Lime - it's the best!
8. I'm thankful that my nephew is ok after being knocked unconscious at his basketball game last week. Although he'll be out of play for about 4-8 weeks - he should be ok.
9. This one might make me unpopular by football fans - but I'm thankful the Browns lost today - the "ex" is a HUGE Browns fan and it secretly makes me happy EVERY TIME they lose.
10. I'm thankful that the NyQuil is starting to kick in... hopefully I'll sleep well again tonight and be on my way to better health.
Good Sunday night everyone!
Friday, November 21, 2008
1. I'm thankful for my friend Dave - I have to give him a shout out because he felt "slighted" that I didn't call him out on my first post. But, in all seriousness - I am very thankful for him - he drives me INSANE most days - but he is a very good friend and I'm glad he's in my life.
2. I'm thankful I live so close to my brother - he was SUPER nice to come over today and help me move my NEW IKEA desk into my office today. (I wish he would have stayed to help me put it together -but I managed.)
3. I'm thankful for my FAVORITE store IKEA - for making such fun furniture - affordable!
4. I mentioned my family before - but I think I'll go int more detail here. I'm thankful for my Sister-in-law C. She is a great friend and an AWESOME cook and has graciously offered to host Turkey Day this year.
5. I'm thankful for my sister. We had a great relationship when I was younger then had a tough time - but we've grown closer recently and I hope that continues.
6. I'm thankful for my 2nd brother R. He's a mechanic by trade, and makes sure my car is always running AND, that I'm not getting the runaround by my dealer.
7. My sis-in-law K. She too is a good friend and is always there to help when I need it.
8. I'm thankful for the company I work for - every year they give us a free Turkey for Thanksgiving.
9. I'm thankful I had NyQuil in the house today - so I didn't have to leave and brave the FRIGID temperatures.
10. I'm thankful for my four car garage - why, you ask? Well, when I bought this house 10 years ago - I thought the guy who sold it to me was a nut-job for adding an ADDITIONAL 2 car garage onto a small house, and NOT adding a 2nd bathroom - but because of that extra garage - I'm able to rent it out every year and today I was able to re-carpet part of my house and office because of said garage. (Hey, I said I was hopped up on NyQuil!)
Day 3 - giving thanks.
1. I'm thankful for Gift Cards. Christmas shopping will be easy this year - 8 nephews and 1 niece all in their teens and early 20's - gift cards are a LIFESAVER!
2. I'm thankful for such a cooperative family - it's not even Thanksgiving and we've figured out what to buy for my IMPOSSIBLE TO BUY FOR mom and dad.
3. I'm thankful that that MICE ARE GONE from my house. (although I did see one in my garage the other night - but it's a detached garage and as long as he stays out there - I'm cool)
4. I'm thankful that Christmas is almost here. I'm actually looking forward to it this year (at least right now anyway.)
5. I'm thankful for my friend Jen C - she is AWESOME. Last week we went to a craft show and had so much fun that my face still hurts from all the laughing we did. She also bought me a very cool OSU pen and contributed to my SASSYSAK! AND THEN - took me to dinner for a belated birthday dinner! Jen - you ROCK!
6. I'm thankful for my friend Colleen - she is AWESOME too - and when Jen, Colleen and I get together it's always a Laugh fest!
7. I'm thankful that GAS PRICES have come down so low!! Isn't is AWESOME to pay $1.69/gallon vs. the $4/gallon this summer? Too bad the economy SUCKS right now.
8. I'm thankful the NyQuil is kicking in right now - I may be able to sleep tonight!
9. I'm thankful that although the economy is down - I am currently doing ok. I pray that it stays that way!
10. I'm thankful for all of YOU - my blog readers and friends - I LOVE love love having you here - I promise - I will try to stay on top of my blog!!
Phew! That was a tough list and I still have 55 minutes left of the day. Now, I have to think of another 10 things to be thankful for. This is MUCH harder than I thought when I signed up!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
So, with that said - here's my 10 for today:
1. I'm thankful for my parents - they irritate me on a daily basis sometimes - but nevertheless, I'm thankful for them and all they've given me.
2. I'm thankful that tomorrow is FRIDAY!
3. I'm thankful that I have dental insurance since I just paid about $300 to have a tooth filled today (well, because I've USED UP ALL MY INSURANCE for this year - but thankful I'm only out $300 instead of the $4K that's been done to my teeth thus far.) Good teeth are IMPORTANT and I intend to keep mind at whatever cost.
4. I'm thankful I have the best pooch in the world.
5. I'm thankful for my BFF - without her - I think I'd die!
6. I'm thankful for ALL of my friends - without you guys I'd be so sad.
7. I'm thankful for my blogger friends - maybe someday we'll meet, maybe not - but it's fun to hear about your world on a daily basis.
8. I'm thankful I have a job - and a good one at that. I may not like it all the time, but I have one and for that I am THANKFUL.
9. I'm thankful I own a house and because of said job, I can make my payments and not worry about foreclosure.
1o. I'm thankful for my family. The same holds true for them as with my parents - they may irritate me to no end some days - but I have great brothers and a sister and 9 nephews, one niece and even great niece's and nephew. I'm thankful for each and every one of them.
There you have it. If you'd like to join the thankful list - leave it here and I'll link you or you can pop on over to DeeMarie's page.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
So, as I perused through my past posts (nice alliteration if I do say so myself) I came up with this one as my fave. And maybe, if I can remember, I'll even post "Part Deux!"
I have this friend, my friend Dave . . .I met Dave about 10 years ago at a bar, of all places. (Imagine THAT for those who know me.) He was a DJ at the local radio station and on Thursdays or Fridays – who remembers, he also DJ’d at said bar. I was in college and went out every Thursday-Sunday night. (What? I graduated.) OK, 7 years later. But still. Shut up! I changed my major – A LOT.
Back then (and remember I drank 4 days out of 7) I thought he looked like Joey from Friends. I don't think so any more, but back then I did. Sue me. It was also more than 10 years ago and even Joey doesn't look like Joey any more. Plus, he (Dave, not Joey) needs to dye his hair. (Yes you do. I don’t care what your hairdresser says.)
Anyway, I thought he was way cute (you know I did and I just can’t wait to hear your comments David about this little bit of info) This had a lot to do with WHY I went to that bar every weekend. That, and the fact that the bouncer was a former boyfriend (friend with benefits, really, and he was HOT) so I figured my odds of hooking up, one way or another, were good. It seemed that Dave was always there with this girl, I'll call her Sue, who was another DJ from the station. I figured she was a girlfriend or worse, not YET his girlfriend and my competition.Long story short (mainly because I can’t remember the details) I ended up getting to know him and eventually got a job at the station on the office side. Of course I did, that bitch, I mean Sue, (no I don’t) wasn’t going to see him every day when I only got one night a week at a bar. (I’m not competitive so much as I’m jealous. Did I mention that my mom put me in pre-school 2 years in a row so I could learn how to share? Complete waste of money. Sorry mom.)
Fast forward to my FIRST day at the station. All is going well and I make sure that Dave knows I'm there by stopping by the studio to tell him so. He, of course, made fun of me in front of his intern (you did) so I go back to my desk and I'm all "what a jerk." Later that afternoon, the power goes out. I remember this particular detail because this is when I find out that he would NEVER, EVER be my boyfriend.
We were all gathered in the front lobby of the station because that’s where the only outside light was and Dave was there too since he couldn’t do his show. It was a Monday and everyone was talking about their weekends and someone noticed that he had a ring on his left hand ring finger. Being one of the only single guys at the station, all of us girls noticed this. Especially me since I took a freaking job at a radio station in order to make him mine (“I will hug him and squeeze him and call him George.” -Daffy Duck/Abominable Snowman reference for those of you that don't watch cartoons.) Anyway, Dave proceeds to tell all of us that he got MARRIED over the weekend. This is not only HUGE news (umm hello? I took a job at a radio station!!) but I found out that first day, half of the station thought he was gay and the other half really didn’t care (this was the older, uglier and married half.)I soon found out that Dave is notorious for lying and making up stories (just wait until you hear the DOOZIE we have going on right now- stay tuned), so the whole “I got married over the weekend was a complete lie. (At this point, there's still hope for boyfriend/girlfriend status BUT that means I can't quit this job just yet.) Over the next several weeks at the station, we became fast friends and I actually liked my job. C'mon, I was in college and I worked at a place where I got free CD's/concert tickets and occasionally met a famous singer. (OK Richard Marx was the only "famous" person and I TOTALLY thought he was my new intern that morning - maybe he'll make a comeback.)
A couple months into this gig, another DJ at the station, Lynn, was getting married and had invited me to the wedding and reception and you bet your ass I was there!! Too bad Sue had to work that night and couldn’t go to the reception. (Pre-school? I’m still there.) At the reception I sat (drank) with Amy, another DJ at the station and some other station people. Amy was super cool and gave me the scoop on everyone at the station. After the reception, we continued the party at another bar. There was dancing, drinking and still wondering whether or not Dave was single and hetero or homo sexual. Even Amy, who was married, was curious which was disappointing to me because I was hoping she’d have the inside scoop since she worked with him.The "after reception" activities proved fruitless (no pun intended) to answering the burning question, ‘was he or wasn’t he?’
- After the wedding – we (I think the bride came too, but I can't be sure) head to a gay bar. (He’s gay.)
- Dave introduces us to his "brother Mark" – who we thought was his boyfriend. (Not gay.)
- Dave invites me and Amy back to his house. (Not gay)
- "Brother" Mark is also invited and so is some guy named Michael (WTF?)
- Mark drives me and Amy to Dave’s house and keeps looking at me funny when I refer to him as Dave's brother. (Dave likes to make up stories remember?)
- I try to study for a statistics test that I forgot I have in the morning but fall asleep in Dave’s spare room. THIS, right here, is my life. I spend the night at his house – which should have been a victory – but fall asleep! (That test in the morning, also explains why I spent 7 years in college and am not a Dr.)
So, on Monday, I’m was just as confused as I was before the wedding but, Sue was so completely jealous that she missed out on all of it that it secretly makes me happy. (It's ok, hate the player, - but, I won.)Stay tuned for part deux (yes, I LOVE THE 80’S)
Seriously - I'll be upstairs in my room and realize that I need something downstairs - I go downstairs and by the time I get down there, I've forgotten what I came down for!! So there I am - usually staring at Daisy somehow hoping that she will one day just be able to talk and say "listen you dumbass, you came down here for _______ oh, and since we're down here, can I have a cookie?"
So, I guess since I can't remember my post - I'll get back to work - even though I don't want to, and even though I have a ton of resumes to get through, 2 meetings back to back and who knows what else - because you KNOW I've forgotten already!!
Have a great day everyone - and if I remember that FUNNY post I had in my tiny little brain this morning - I'll be sure to write it immediately!!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Hmmm.. my favorite words now: Shit, Fuck and Motherfucker. Classy. I know you wish you were more like me. And Mom? Kudos on spending dad's money so wisely.
Anyway - I am here - and I'm reading all of your blogs - but as you guessed it, not commenting - because for some reason - I just can't get the words onto the blog post. Even Dave sent me a text yesterday asking me to post SOMETHING, ANYTHING. Well, here it is - it's not my finest post and actually - it's not really a post - just an explanation as to where I've been and what I've been up to.
So, since my last post a week ago I have and will:
1. Read all of your blogs - and DID post on some - for those that I didn't again - my apologies but I'm still reading!
2. Read the book Twilight - umm, if you would have asked me if I'd EVER read a book about Vampires (and a young adult book) I'd have answered in my best Cher voice from Clueless "as if!"
3. Slept, slept and slept - that was pretty much my weekend recap - major depression - I HATE this time of year.
4. Started my new meds to take care of #3 and this time, Dave, I promise to take them everyday. I even got one of those fancy smancy day of the week pill boxes.
5. Was a good daughter and painted my mom and dad's bathroom over the weekend.
6. Chased the great HOUDINI, Daisy Dog all over the neighborhood because I bought The Gentle Leader in hopes that it would stop her from pulling me all over the place when we go for our walks.
7. Return said Gentle Leader to PetSmart THIS weekend.
8. Will write a letter to GL asking for disclaimer to be put on box stating that their product DOES NOT WORK on this dog.
9. Begin reading New Moon - Can't. Believe. I'm reading. A book. About Vampires. But it's sooooo good and I'm sure I'll have to see the movie now too.
10. Heading to craft show with the girls to buy this bag, this bag or maybe this bag.
Shut up now, Dave! - this is TOTALLY with-in my budget! I have been saving my change (seriously I have) since this summer and have enough money in quarters and nickels to buy ONE bag. (And maybe an accessory or two.)
Hey - someone's got to keep the economy moving right?
So - I guess for not having much to say - I really did. I promise to get back on track and start posting more interesting stories soon. I'm sure I'll have some good girl gossip after this weekend!
Have a great weekend my fellow bloggers!
Friday, November 7, 2008
My buddy DeeMarie has me working on this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE project (I kid, only) at work so while I'm data entering (such a good use of my mad recruiting skillz I tell you) I'm listening to my iPod (which I pronounce "ip-id", why? because.) Anyway, the MTV theme song from the 90's came on (I don't know why - but I have it) and it just made me think about how cool MTV used to be. Before the Hills, Real World, Road Rules and even VH1 - which is really my generations MTV.
Of course, this lead me to search the World Wid Web in hopes to actually find a sound bite of the theme song (since I can't figure out how to copy it from my iTunes and paste it into my blog) Of course, doing that - pasting it into my blog is probably illegal and infringes on some copyright - but really? Who would complain about the Club MTV Theme Song being copied onto my blog for all 5 of you (FABULOUS 5 at that) to listen? If you know how I can get it on here - well, email me and I'll take the risk!
Anyway - listening to it took me back, WAAAAAAAAAAAAY back. Like to the days of my MC Hammer pants and my Bobby Brown (pre-Whitney) black patent shoes. I was so cool it just makes me want to CRY thinking about how "cool" I was. Don't believe me? I had my SENIOR picture taken in those MC HAMMER pants - yep, mom was soooooooo proud of me. And the background? Hot Pink and Electric Blue neon lights - stop your jealousy right now, you can never, ever be as cool as me. I am sorry.
Can I also tell you that I pegged the legs of my jeans so tight it's a wonder my ankles are still attached? Yes, I was so hip with the fashion trends. Ok, so I know you all pegged your jeans
while wearing your Banana Clip in your spiral permed hair that you "froze" in place with your Paul Mitchel Freeze n Shine spray.
C'mon - take a trip down memory lane with me - send pictures if you have 'em!
Monday, November 3, 2008
A few of you have asked me about my mouse situation - and I'm happy to announce (knock on wood) that I think I have gotten rid of the mousers. I've still got traps set because last night, I had the most WICKED
So, say a prayer for me, and let's hope that this nightmare was just that, a bad dream and that the mousers are gone for good at shopgirl's house!!
I'll be back to my regular posting self later this week once I kick this migraine to the curb. Have a great Monday . . .